Sunday, August 24, 2008

What would you have done???..


So... in a country with 1.3 BILLION people... lines are somewhat of an abstract concept.  If you think these 1.3 Billion people are spread out evenly and everyone has room... your wrong!  This place is jam packed with people...  It's push and shove in pretty much every public place.  On the Olympic Green there are countless sponsor buildings (Coke, VW, China Mobile, McDonalds, ect..)  Well, every place has something to wow and astonish visitors...  The only thing is the "lines" and I use that word in a rough sense, are EXTENSIVE....  So... What's a White American Male to do but climb up a tower and start telling people what to do...  It really was like a dream up there!  

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mr. Wizard, Mr. Wizard
It's almost time for these boys to come home.....bring them home to the good 'ol US of A!!

I saw on PBS that there are a couple of Portland, OR artists featured there at the Olympic green or around the "birds nest". Have you seen or heart of them or their work?

We watched the last game of the 2008 Olympics last night (Saturday, which I believe was the men's marathon and figure the closing ceremonies should be coming soon. They said that the temperature there is in the triple digits and the runners were dropping out quickly near the end of the race. Oh dears! I hope you are drinking plenty of h2o.

It's Sunday morning here and yesterday was the Hood to Coast relay...they had good weather all the way. I sure miss being at the coast during this time.

All is well here and can't wait to have yous back. We should plan a date when we can all get together and here your stories and see your pics. Hey that sounds like a great idea....hhmmm -- Hugs yas, Miss yas, can't wait to sees ya both. mom